We are in the process of planning to bring you a HICA that will leave a legacy for the skilled professional and the learning individuals taking their first steps into the hotel investment sector. As last year’s conference was a focus on shifting the gear in Southern Africa, this year we turn the next page and shine the light on ‘’Seizing the Opportunities’’ the entire continent has to offer. Progress is being made on securing high profile speakers that will inform, educate and inspire you. By Africa being uniquely different, it is important to realise that a thorough knowledge of the business landscape is needed for you as an investor.
HICA 2014 will look to educate you on the difficulties and challenges that may arise when investing in Africa. Many international brands fail soon after they put pen to paper on a deal in Africa because they seem to neglect the uniqueness and choose to follow the same strategy used back home. High profile and proven names in the industry will shed light on the ins and outs of investing in a potential gold mine that is Africa. We will also put entrepreneurship skills and new investor strategies on the table for a coherent dissection on how to succeed and how not to fail.
- Panels on seizing the opportunity
- Accessing international capital
- Providing a ‘’KNOW HOW’’ on how to succeed on the African landscape
- Identifying the developmental challenges unique to the region
- Updates on regional developments since HICA 2013
‘’HICA has become the leading source for senior executives and industry players to source capital, resources and investment for all nature projects and development across the rapidly growing region of Sub-Saharan Africa.’’ – TBCSA CEO, Mmatšatši Ramawela
WHY ATTEND HICA?
- To connect with icons of industry leading experts in the field
- To learn of trends influencing business and development in Africa
- To share best practice disciplines, elevating the standards of the industry
- To discover new opportunities
- To source investment capital and structured financing across public, private and commercial lending platforms
- To network and engage peers, advisors, consultants and visionaries around critical thinking on business, development and operating within the African hotel sector.
WHO SAID WHAT AT HICA 2013?